Tips and Advice
Tips for Creating Great Website Content
1.Make it relevant to your website users. Consider what they would need to obtain from your website and ensure that you are meeting those needs.
2. Consider your business objectives. After viewing your website will visitors understand exactly what you have to offer and how you intend to provide that?
3. Include content that is useful to the reader. Read a piece of content, if your response is ‘so what?’ it’s not useful.
4. Make it concise – there’s no need to labour a point if you can write it much more succinctly – you can only hold a reader’s attention for so long.
5. Short sentences, short paragraphs.
6. Define the purpose of each page on a website by using titles.
7. Group relevant content together.
8. Avoid jargon and make your content readable and engaging. Use key phrases that your users are likely to type when searching for your page
9. Proof read, proof read, proof read….I can’t stress that enough! And when you feel you know the script by heart…ask someone else to proof read for you.
10. If you don’t trust in your ability to do it expertly yourself then hire a professional. This is your business, it’s worth every penny.